Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hooded Sweater dress

I made Sarah another sweater dress. This time with a hood! I again just traced another sweater dress that she has for the body. Cut the length of sleeve she needed at the cuff, and took in the sleeves. Then I sewed the sleeves to the body. I used a seam ripper to get the hood off, took in the hood, and attached the hood. I had to sew buttons and button holes on this one also. Fun and cute! (The easiest way to figure out how to do this, is to turn one of your daughter's dresses inside out and make a pattern out of that.)
Before:
( I Even used a Mr. Sketch raspberry scented marker to mark where I wanted to cut it, I could not find ANYTHING to write with (obviously))
and after:


2 comments:

  1. Yay for a new craft blog to stalk! Another darling dress, on a very cute model!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh...I wish I were as crafty as you. I haven't yet been able to go to some "hand me down" store yet to look at sweaters. But not only that...but I lack the sewing equipment. I've got the machine and VERY VERY basics...I realized I need a few more things.

    ReplyDelete